~Sagrada Família~ Romain Catholic Church
Unplanned, I found myself in Barcelona during the Champions League Final, Berlin’15-Ha, as if Barcelona wasn’t already an electrifying city. Their were tons of people walking around streets such as Les Rambles and hanging out near the Placa Reial square almost 24hrs a day-eating, drinking, dancing, and just having fun. I found myself partying till 6am almost every night, sleeping about 3hours a day on average, seeing the sites, and most of all being a beach bum.
- The food is just amazing! So fresh and flavorful-compared with Rome, Italy (photo belowà whole Sea Bass on top of roasted potato’s and tomatoes w/ a side of house sangria-about $18 USD).
- A bottle of beer will set you back $1.25 Euro.
- Tones of events and festivals every weekend during the summer.
- Barcelona is one of those places that if you lack any kind of common sense… you will be robbed in some way shape or form. I met at least ten people during my travels there, who got either pick pocketed or had their possessions stolen while hanging out at the beach. Don’t be dumb!
- But on a lighter note all these things are on point: nightclubs, shopping, beach, women, architecture, and seafood. 🙂
- At a minimum check out these sites: Barcelona Cathedral, Museu Picasso, Sagrada Familia, and Gothic Quarter.
- Spend the rest of your time on the Beach
- Check out Pacha Barcelona during the day- cool day lounge right off the sand.
- If you like upscale nightlife comparable to Los Angeles or Vegas-go to Opium Night Club. Such a great venue located right on the beach. Great music, beautiful people, closes at 6am. If you don’t like this type of environment there are plenty of random bars and lounges scattered around the city.
~Plaça Reial La Rambla Barcelona~
Joan Fontcuberta “Kiss Wall”- A beautiful piece of art consisting of 4000 small photograph printed tiles. Each individual square tile tells a story of its own.
“Spread Love, Travel, and Look Good Doing It”