Dear Amsterdam, thanks for living up to your name-seamlessly blowing away all of my preconceived expectations . . . . . . . Moment of silences! To say that I had a blast is an understatement. Day one in Amsterdam I randomly stumbled across the most elaborate art sale exhibition of British Street Artist Banksy- located inside the Lionel Gallery-Nieuwe Spiegelstraat 64, Amsterdam. Boasting more than ten original artworks and every limited print the artist has made. I have been following Banksy’s work for the past 7-8 years and can’t put into words the excitement of the whole event-lets just say it was a great day! Van Gogh museum and Heineken Experience were also good times- make sure to pay the extra $5 Euro at Van Gogh museum and get the audio headset, definitely worth it. With its artistic heritage, Centre canal system, old town feel, Museum District, and free spirited culture- Amsterdam is one I’m sure won’t disappoint.
- Everyone in Amsterdam owns and resides a Bicycle at some point-so if you find yourself in one of the many bike paths on foot, prepare to be ran over!
- Taximeters start at 7 Euro- and 5km was about 22Euro- best to get a tram pass, which is efficient and sometimes faster anyway.
- Hotels, Restaurants, Alcohol etc. comparable to any standard American metropolitan city.
- Art lovers paradise
- Great shopping-Lot of up incoming designer shops as well
- To many activities to mention…. Find your poison and indulge
- Same as Daytime- but I will say- went Jimmy Woo nightclub on Saturday and had a great time.
~Banksy Pop up Shop~
“Spread Love, Travel, and Look Good Doing It”