Exploring, discovering and experiencing Rome, Italy’s capital, was such an incredible experience. I truly fell in love with the ambiance of its nearly 3,000 years of globally influential art, ancient ruins, architecture, and culture. Ruins such as the Colosseum and Roman Forum give you the opportunity to escape reality as you know it-as if you were transported back in time when men fought each other in pits filled with lions…. a little creepy, but pretty cool as well. Vatican City, which is the headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church, and also home to the 266th and current Pope- Pope Francis, boast’s St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums, home to masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel.
There are so many things to love about Rome, I’m a walker and I loved getting lost in the tangled streets of the historic district and neighborhoods like Monti and Trastevere, where to aroma of freshly ground coffee and fresh baked bread flows throughout the streets. Lastly, here is a list of everything that I ate in Rome that was the best I’ve every had (drake voice)…Sea Bass, Seafood salad, gelato, tiramisu, assorted cakes and ice-creams, pizza, bruschetta, basic table breads… I’m sure I’m forgetting something, but you get the point.
- Tons of activities day and or night
- Do yourself a favor an actually plan out what you want to do on your visit ahead of time. Also, unless your staying a week or two try not to rush around trying to see every single sight on the map-Just enjoy a few sites and come back another time.
- Due to expensive parking, driving or renting a car is not recommended in the Centre. Instead try transportation on the rail systems, buses, trolleys, and cable cars.
- Lots of cool niche restaurants and shopping.
- To many sites to name, like I said above plan ahead of time, and if you’re traveling during busier months calculate to wait and line times.
- Lots of cool, clubs, and restaurants in the Trastevere and Monti areas…. Lots of people actively walking the streets vibrantly till the early morning… Good times!
“Spread Love, Travel, and Look Good Doing It”